In this policy, “we”, “us”, “our” or “SMEGuru” means SME Guru SG Pte. Ltd. and/or its related corporations, affiliates, and/or branches.
How we collect and use your personal data
In the course of your use of this Website and in the ordinary course of your relationship with us, we may collect personally identifiable information that you submit such as your name, contact data (address, e-mail address, phone number), gender, income level and other financial information, age or date of birth and employment information. We may also collect additional personally identifiable information that you voluntarily include in your communications with us.
The information and data may be used and disclosed inside or outside Singapore to/for:
- (a) deliver requested products, services, recommendations, or information (whether made available by us or through us);
- (b) carry out research, planning and statistical analysis, and to create and maintain credit and risk related models;
- (c) carry out analytics for the purposes of developing or improving our products, services, security, service quality, and advertising strategies;
- (d) register you to use our Website and services, verify your identity for the purposes of providing facilities, products or services, and to improve the content and general administration of our Website and our products and services;
- (e) communicate with you, including providing you with updates on changes to products, services and facilities (whether made available by us or through us) including any additions, expansions, suspensions and replacements of or to such products, services and facilities and their terms and conditions;
- (f) manage our infrastructure and business operations and to comply with internal policies and procedures;
- (g) respond to queries or feedback;
- (h) address or investigate any complaints, claims or disputes;
- (i) conduct credit checks, screenings or due diligence checks as may be required under applicable law, regulation or directive;
- (j) comply with all applicable laws, regulations, rules, directives, orders, instructions and requests from any local or foreign authorities, including regulatory, governmental, tax and law enforcement authorities or other authorities;
- (k) monitor products and services provided by or made available through us;
- (l) comply with obligations and requirements imposed by us from time to time by any credit bureau or credit information sharing services of which we are a member or subscriber;
- (m) financial reporting, regulatory reporting, management reporting, risk management (including monitoring credit exposures), audit and record keeping purposes;
- (n) send you marketing material that you have agreed to receive, including but not limited to newsletters sent by us via email, information sent by us about our products and services, including updates on our latest promotions and new products and services, via email, text message or phone call. Please be assured that we shall only do so if we have your clear and unambiguous consent in writing or other recorded form to do so or if you have not otherwise made the appropriate registration of that number with the Do Not Call Registry. If we have an ongoing relationship with you and you have not indicated to us that you do not wish to receive telemarketing messages sent to your Singapore telephone number, we may send you telemarketing messages to that number related to the subject of our ongoing relationship via short message service, facsimile and other mobile messaging services (other than a voice or video call). You may at any time request that we stop contacting you for marketing purposes via selected or all modes. To find out more on how you can change the way we use your personal data for marketing purposes, please contact us.
- (o) enforcing obligations owed to us;
- (p) as part of any sales, mergers, or similar change in our business; and/or
- (q) seeking professional advice, including legal advice.
Parties to whom personal data may be disclosed
In order to provide efficient and reliable services and to improve product and service options available to you, the following entities (inside or outside Singapore) may be given, or given access to, your personal information:
- (a) any agent, contractor, or third party services provider who provides financial products or services (such as loans and mortgages) that match your inquiry, remittance, administrative, mailing, telecommunications, call centres, business process, travel, visa, knowledge management, human resource, data processing, information technology, computer, payment, debt collection, credit reference checks or securities clearing or other services to SME Guru in connection with the business operations of SME Guru;
- (b) any person or entity working for us or is a part of SME Guru and is under a duty of confidentiality to the disclosing SME Guru;
- (c) any person or entity to whom SME Guru is under an obligation or otherwise required to make disclosure pursuant to any applicable laws, including disclosure to courts, tribunals, and/or legal, regulatory, tax and government authorities;
- (d) any actual or proposed assignee of SME Guru or transferee of SME Guru’s rights in respect of you or all or any part of the assets or business of SME Guru;
- (e) any party giving or proposing to give a guarantee or third party security to guarantee or secure your obligations; and
- (f) any credit bureau as well as the members of such credit bureau.
If you have given false or inaccurate information or if we suspect fraud, we will record this and may pass this information to fraud prevention and law enforcement agencies.
When sharing your personal information, we adhere to applicable legal and industry standards regarding the protection of personal information.
To find out more about cookies, or if you would like to modify your browser to notify you when you receive a new cookie or to disable cookies altogether, visitwww.allaboutcookies.org
Security of your personal information
We are committed to protecting the privacy and confidentiality of your personal information. We limit access to your personal information to authorized employees or agents and our third party partners and service providers are held to stringent standards of privacy. We also maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to protect the information against loss, misuse, damage or modification and unauthorized access or disclosure.
We may update this policy from time-to-time by posting a new version on our Website. We will make available the updated policy on our Website. All communications, transactions and dealings with us shall be subject to the latest version of this policy in force at the time.
How long we will keep your personal data
We will keep your personal data for no longer than is necessary for the purposes described in this policy or to meet legal and regulatory requirements.
Your rights in respect of your personal data
You have the right to access, update or correct the personal data we hold about you or withdraw your consent to the use, collection and disclosure of your personal data (subject to certain exceptions). If you have any questions about this policy, or if you wish to access, update or correct your personal data or withdraw your consent to the use, collection and disclosure of your personal data, please email email@example.com. We may make a small charge for this service. Please note that if you withdraw consent, we may still be permitted to hold, use or disclose some of your information as required or permitted by law.